Penile Implants & Options
Prior to penile implant surgery, a man with erectile dysfunction has many options to seek treatment which include:
- Oral Medications
- Taking a pill in the urethra
- Receiving an injection to the penis
Anyone with erectile dysfunction that has not responded, tolerated, or dislikes any of the items noted above will more than likely move on to the next best option, which is penile implants.
Penile implant surgery is performed routinely by our expert physicians. When other erectile dysfunction treatment options have proven to be ineffective, all of our doctors have the experience and skill to perform the most up-to-date, minimally invasive surgical interventions for sexual dysfunction. This includes the placement of the inflatable penile implant or penile prosthesis. Our physicians specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of erectile dysfunction and have helped hundreds of men regain erectile function.
Is a Penile Implant right for you?
A penile implant is a device that is placed into a man’s body and is designed to help him get an erection. This device is prescribed by a physician for men who are suffering from impotence.
Reasons to consider a Penile Implant:
- Patient satisfaction rates: 93.8% of patients were moderately or completely satisfied with their penile implant choice, far outpacing satisfaction levels for Viagra (51.6%) or injection therapy (40.9%).1
- A Discrete Solution: Designed to emulate the look and performance of a natural erection
- Minimal Recovery Time: Following the routine outpatient procedure, a four to six-week recovery period is necessary before the implant is used.
- Insurance Coverage: Most insurance, including Medicare, cover the implant.
There are two basic types of penile implants that Coloplast offers:
The Titan Touch® Inflatable Penile Implant
The Genesis™ Flexible Rod Penile Implant
Both types of implants enable men with erectile dysfunction to have a satisfactory erection for sexual intercourse and to experience the joys of sex again. You should be able to have an orgasm with a penile implant if you were able to have one before your surgery, unless you have another medical problem that affects it. Consult your physician about this. The primary difference between the two implant types is that flexible rod implants (the Genesis) produce a permanently firm penis, while the inflatable implants (the Titan) produce a controlled, more natural erection.
Some facts about Coloplast’s penile implants:
The Coloplast Titan Touch Inflatable Penile Implant (IPP) is a self-contained, fluid-filled system made from Bioflex and silicone. Bioflex is a supple, durable biopolymer material.
- The implant is totally concealed in your body
- Designed to emulate the look and performance of a natural erection
- Pump design has a non-bulky, low-profile size
The Titan Touch inflatable penile implant offers a dependable method of restoring sexual function.
- It is the result of advanced engineering and medical research designed with your needs in mind
- It offers hope to many men with E.D.
- It provides an option where other treatments are not appropriate or have failed
Titan Touch Unique Features
- Mechanical reliability rates: Recent studies show the Coloplast Alpha 1 and Titan to have mechanical reliability rates of 97.5% after five years on first time implants.2
- Concealable: When implanted, the Coloplast Titan penile implant is not visibly noticeable. The penis appears relaxed and normal in the flaccid state, and it is not obvious by looking at a man that he has an implant.
- Lifetime replacement policy: Coloplast provides a lifetime replacement policy with all of its penile implants. Coloplast will replace the inflatable implant, or any component, for any reason during the lifetime of the patient.